The Continental Divide Trail (or CDT for short) is a wonderful connection of trails following near to the crest of the rocky mountains between the US Mexican and Canadian borders. Our route with some variations to the official trail was over 2,500 miles in total.
Our blog post are below but we also have a website with details of a 350 mile variation of the CDT we called the Big Sky route between Yellowstone National Park and near Butte Montana.
Before the walk
- March Black Isle coastal training walks
- Maps, info and planning
- Our Itinerary
- Cairngorm wanderings
- We head south to the Mexican border
- Mexican border!
- New Mexico border to Silver City
- From Reserve, New Mexico
- Some photos so far
- Howl, howl….
- Pie Town
- From Grants, New Mexico
- Cuba NM
- Ghost Ranch NM
- Good bye New Mexico, hello Colorado!
- Northern New Mexico photos
- Pagosa Springs -no spring!
- Cumbres to Wolf Pass CO
- Leadville Colorado
- Salida CO (pronounced ‘siliva’)
- Lake City CO
- Some more South Colorado images
- Flip flop through the hot springs
- Montana! -Glacier National ‘walk in the’ Park
- Glacier NP photos MT
- Horse Whispering MT
- Urban Montana
- Central Montana-Photos from Scapegoat to McDonald Pass
- Big Sky Variant
- South Montana photos
- Yellowstone National Park Wyoming!
- Leaving Griz-country WY
- Mountains of Light and Wind WY
- Wind Rivers Wyoming – some photos
- Wind Rivers photos II WY
- Southern Winds
- Reader, I married him…..
- Some photos from the final furlong WY
- Our final two weeks in the USA
- Gallery of our 650 miles thru New Mexico…
- Continental Divide Trail photos
- You tube videos!